Thread: Monitor Bezel
View Single Post
Old 13 August 2010, 12:10   #65
Ambermoon

@MrX_Cuci: I know that site. Thanks anyway. Maybe I will add one other monitor (1081 like) later on, because I had that one too. Other models are unlikely (and btw. often outright ugly)

@Baboon: Yes, 3dsmax was used + some photoshopping for texturing and post-production. Since 3dsmax may be a bit costly for a private user (and I'm sure you don't want to use an illegal copy) I'd suggest Blender for starters, if you want to learn 3D. That is one of the very few open source packages out there being on par with (and in parts even better than) the big professional packages. Much, much more than enough to begin with. And don't get disappointed if you can't get perfect results right away. It's not the software that counts, it's the (wo)man before the screen. And there are many things to learn before things start to look really good.

If you want you can even start learning 3D with WinUAE (or an Amiga) itself. The first program I used seriously (many, many years ago) was Imagine 2.0. If you want to know, how things were done back then in the good old times. When only real men were capable of doing such things.

@andreas: Only for the night time lit version, it will stay in the daytime version. Regardless of you (or anyone) being annoyed or not.

Last edited by Ambermoon; 13 August 2010 at 13:10.

Page generated in 0.04893 seconds with 9 queries