View Single Post
Old 04 August 2010, 04:21   #20
Hey guys, the Subway is already USB 2.0 compatible, it just doesn't have High Speed mode. And the Subway performs better when plugged into a Zorro board with a Clockport on it, like the X-Surf, so I think the lack of High Speed mode may be because the A1200's Clockport just couldn't handle it.

I agree with a lot of people here that there needs to be a new 8MB RAM card for the A1200 with FPU socket, Real-Time Clock, and auto-configuring to 5.5MB when the PCMCIA slot is in use. Then the design should be modified and used to make a similar CD32 expansion (obviously without the PCMCIA/5.5MB thing) which should at least include a Clockport on it.

I'd also love to see new Clockport expansions to go on my new 4-Port Clockport expander! A new MP3 player or sound card, or sound card with built-in MP3 decoding would be perfect, as would an Amiga-compatible Ethernet or Wireless card.

It's already been pointed out in this thread, and is complained about endlessly everywhere else, that we need another way of accessing CF/SD cards while still being online, so a Clockport network card would be excellent, especially considering that compatible PCMCIA network cards can only be bought second hand, but PCMCIA card readers are available brand new.
Page generated in 0.05027 seconds with 9 queries