View Single Post
Old 20 September 2002, 00:22   #13
Big grin

Originally posted by Jim

Sorry Ian - I disagree !

As you know, I have a mass of most TOSECs.

The only tools are use are Romcenter & Good*** for the Good series.

The reason I used RomCenter is cause I DL'd all 3 (ClrMamePro, RomDoctor & RomCenter) and RomDoctor was the one I could use after 2 mins.

I get on fine and used RC to sort all my TOSECs.

I prefer to unzip them all before I first sort as many lazy people leave shit adf filenames within the zipfiles, and some zips you DL are corrupt.

For this I use a simple DOS command called ZIPONE, which zips up single files into a individual zip.

I get on fine with it, and cannot see any reason to change.

If you can tell me one thing that I need to do that I cannot with these tools then I'm all ears and would be happy to reevaluate.

I eat humble pie !

ClrMAMEPro is the Dog's Bollox !

Yep, I won't be using RomCenter again. ClrMAMEPro appears to be much quicker too. And this fixing Zip thing is cool. It found 24 errors in my Amiga apps set which it fixed. OK - the errors were only wrong case on some filenames, but I like eveything to be perfect.

Cheers Ian, you were right, I was wrong.

There's no much point using RomCenter even if you're new - better to get stuck straight into ClrMAMEPro. Don't let the MAME name put you off, it handles anything you can throw at RomCenter + shitloads more.

Ian PM'd me with a usueful URL for the ClrMAMEPro basics - I was scared of damaging my ROM's.

Here's the link if anyone interested:
Page generated in 0.06202 seconds with 9 queries