View Single Post
Old 18 September 2002, 17:27   #24
Unregistered

Thumbs up BIG Thumbs Up Toni

This is a fantastic release. Much improved over the last official release. Most games work great on my system. It seems much faster than the previous release. The sound is a little strange though. Sometimes it's perfect and other times it sounds like shit. It's like the more times I quit WinUAE and then run it again there's more chance of shit sound. Sorry I can't been anymore precise than that. Also I seem to get less scratchy sound when I use the SoundBlaster Wave device instead of the Primary Sound Driver. I'm not sure why that is. Can anyone explain? Ok here are a few points on the new release:

1) I'm glad to see the bug in Days of Thunder has been fixed. It finally works. Woohoo. Nice one Toni. It's reminded me just how crap that game really is. :laugh

2) I wondered why using a CD32 configured joypad didn't work in WinUAE to play Gloom Deluxe. Then I realised it only works when you're emulating a CD32 as it works perfect for that. However there are a lot of A1200 games that really need a CD32 joypad. Guardian, Roadkill and Gloom Deluxe to name just a few. It must be possible to allow CD32 joypad emulation in Non-CD32 mode. Toni?

3) A couple of bugs for you to play with.
There's a bug in Fantastic Dizzy on the CD32 and A1200 where the background only half appears. I was going to take a screenshot of it but forgot. The nice scrolling copper background only appears on the left side of the screen and the right side of the screen remains black. The foreground is unaffected.

4) Super Skidmarks crashes on the main menu when you try to select a few of the options. Championship Mode is one but there are a few others. I tried this on the CD version and Floppy version and both locked up. On the CD version it also locks up when certain vehicles are loaded in the game. For example it locked up when I chose to race the Cow vehicles. Very bizarre stuff. When I tried racing in High-Res mode the vehicles look a bit corrupt as though they're not being drawn properly. Hope this is detailed enough and not too vague.

5) I've not tried this much but every time I've tried to load Rally Championship AGA on the new release it locks very near the start after the language selector comes up.

Hope that helps you Toni.
Keep up the fantastic work.

Page generated in 0.04961 seconds with 9 queries