Thread: Cadaver remake
View Single Post
Old 12 July 2010, 15:56   #60
Originally Posted by Kroah View Post
1) Edited levels can't be saved back because the compression routine is unknown. I have disassembled the decompression code, but there is no way to reverse the algorithm easily. The game can be hacked to load uncompressed levels, but because each level does not share any data with the others, the whole levels are 1,3 MB big (without taking into account the game itself).

3) Demo levels can't be loaded because the loading and decompression routine are not the same. And if we successfully decode it, the levels might be not compatible (different version of the game engine, data stored differently, ...).
The pc version could be a solution to these problems. During my old research I found out that there were at least two versions of the game released, one with compressed and one with uncompressed data files. The game still supports the uncompressed level format, thats one way of how I messed around with it by editing into the files. It would be a nice goal to try and have the demo levels on the pc version for example.
Page generated in 0.07952 seconds with 9 queries