View Single Post
Old 05 July 2010, 02:16   #6
So, the only format it creates is the "DRAFT" format, and we would have to send that to you to convert into an IPF?

Or are there other formats the software can create without sending it to you?
No offense, but anything that requires me to do something external before I use it gives me pause. I almost never took pictures until the digital era, just because I'd never get around to sending my film in. If Kodak said, take your pictures and send them to US so we can send you JPGs, I probably wouldn't buy that camera. I know, not the same thing, but you get the idea...

It sounds like maybe (making HUGE assumptions here) you don't want just anyone making IPFs. While I agree that, looking at the mess with ADFs and seeing what TOSEC is trying to do to validate/standardize them a bit, it makes sense in a way, there are too many negatives..

It would be much nicer to just digitally sign YOUR IPFs. That way, there are still IPFs that are verifiable.. But we still don't run the risk, as an end user, of you guys going away and leaving us with hardware that makes files no one can use...

Just some thoughts..

Page generated in 0.04977 seconds with 9 queries