View Single Post
Old 26 June 2010, 15:37   #41
Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
NewDeli, you are a moron.
Morons don't judge others hastily, that's one thing I like about them. Patient people with traditional ways. Manhood is of the essence my friend. ahem
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
why you mentioned 'sole use of cartridges'
I am reflecting on Nintendo evolution compared to Sony's, and decisions about how they stored their game data by the time the N64 was released inevitably come up.

Guys @ put it nicely :

After the amazing NES and SNES, people expected the N64 to run away with the industry and put Sony and Sega in the shade. It didn't happen. Nintendo decided to stick with carts while its rivals picked cheaper discs, and this not only put customers off but also made software houses think twice about supporting the system. Losing former ally Squaresoft was possibly the biggest blow to Nintendo's pride, and the company went on to produce the best selling Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation.

Having said all that, the N64 was home to gaming experiences that simply were not possible on rival machines. Games like Goldeneye, Zelda, Starfox 64 and of course Mario 64 were (and still are) solid-gold classics. With Virtual Console support, now is probably a good time to reassess this often misunderstood console.
PS2 plays PS1 titles and doesn't need any elaborated virtualization technique to achieve this, I believe due to the optical media versatility.
Wii may well play GC titles but fails at playing the whole Nintendo catalog (N64 most notably). The approach there has more to do with emulating in the proceedings and retro-gaming folks in the audience targeted at. Notable differences being :
a. I assume it's more difficult to know about VC progress as a project since I doubt the results are publicly shared
b. well, VC games comes at a price
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.06132 seconds with 9 queries