View Single Post
Old 22 June 2010, 14:01   #26
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
The X1000 is an expensive / collectable / classic car (although depreciation might be a little higher)
Classic? You mean 'cult', don't you? Really, there's nothing 'classic' about it yet and probably never will. I only see people talking about 'power users' wanting/buying it and I seriously wonder what they will use it for.

Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
I only suggest a hypothetical question - is it possible pending on "price-point" and "available software" that the X1000 could find a niche in an ever expanding industry?
No. See above. Nobody that never used an Amiga before will even notice or if they do, but it. Neither will it attract people that switched to other platform before to 'come back'. Those who still use an Amiga today will think at least twice if they want to spend so much for it. Which means that there will be little interest to make commercial software, except for the occasional enthusiastic team or open source conversion.

Hope someone can explain me what they will use it for, except the 'what I do on Linux/Mac/Windows today' argument.
Page generated in 0.08417 seconds with 9 queries