View Single Post
Old 18 June 2010, 19:11   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasagi View Post
Hi there,

I have an 85 mb HDD in my amiga, that works fine. However I cant seem to mount it in windows or osx. I try winuae in windows and use the "add hard disk" option, but that hard disk is not listed. I am connecting it via an ide to usb adaptor (which works fine with other disks)

The second option I have is a 20gb 2.5 hard disk. Is there any way I can format this to be recognised by the amiga? I dont need to use more than 4gb of it.

Many thanks in advance, and please assume I am a complete newcomer when it comes to amigas!
Hi mate,

That 85mb hard drive never worked for me hooked up to the PC either, best bet is to use the 20gb HDD.

You can prepare that for use in the Amiga via winuae. Add it as a hard drive 'IDE0' under emulation and boot via the ADF of Install 3.1.

When it boots up use HDToolBox to partition the drive. Only use the first 4gb of the drive, I would suggest 3 partitions, 500mb(sys), 1200mb(work/games) and 1500mb(games) or something.

Once thats done reboot and format each partition within workbench (via the 3.1install ADF)

Then go about setting up a workbench under WinUAE, once you're done transfer your drive to the A1200.

I wrote a guide for setting up Classic Workbench, let me find it and link it for you, brb.

Steve.

Page generated in 0.04582 seconds with 11 queries