View Single Post
Old 27 May 2010, 18:14   #25
License to Bubble

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Question is : Which scene?
The people still using, or that are still interessted in the classical (legacy) Amiga.

Also a reproduction of a 68060 A4000ish NatAmi isn't really a proof of a 'most powerful Amiga'.
With faster memory and optimized chipset it should run faster than any other legacy Amiga. That a PPC-based Amiga might be faster is irrellevant. Based on the speed claims set by the team, it ought to perform well compared to those as well. time will show.

Release date was set to summer 2008 IIRC, so seeing a working 'something' now doesn't make me wet my pants tbh
That I can understand. I however doesn't mind waiting, since it isn't an urgent need. I got my two Commodore-made Amigas to tinker with the little time I got. Beside, this is done in their spare time and I know as well as the next guy how hard it is to plan a huge project in that time.

Yet most of the additional concepts are yet to be developed and it might easily take a few years till the full features NatAmi is available. Seems like there was a tad too much bragging about a 'Supe-Miggy' at the start of the project.
As long as it outperforms a A4000/60 I'll be all over it no matter what. Considering the price of a A4000 (or the lesser 1200) with the required expansions to somewhat match the NatAmi (060 accelerator, flickerfixer, mediator etc) - it should be a affordable compared to the real thing as well.
Page generated in 0.05623 seconds with 9 queries