View Single Post
Old 27 May 2010, 19:14   #25
moijk
License to Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Question is : Which scene?
The people still using, or that are still interessted in the classical (legacy) Amiga.

Quote:
Also a reproduction of a 68060 A4000ish NatAmi isn't really a proof of a 'most powerful Amiga'.
With faster memory and optimized chipset it should run faster than any other legacy Amiga. That a PPC-based Amiga might be faster is irrellevant. Based on the speed claims set by the team, it ought to perform well compared to those as well. time will show.

Quote:
Release date was set to summer 2008 IIRC, so seeing a working 'something' now doesn't make me wet my pants tbh
That I can understand. I however doesn't mind waiting, since it isn't an urgent need. I got my two Commodore-made Amigas to tinker with the little time I got. Beside, this is done in their spare time and I know as well as the next guy how hard it is to plan a huge project in that time.

Quote:
Yet most of the additional concepts are yet to be developed and it might easily take a few years till the full features NatAmi is available. Seems like there was a tad too much bragging about a 'Supe-Miggy' at the start of the project.
As long as it outperforms a A4000/60 I'll be all over it no matter what. Considering the price of a A4000 (or the lesser 1200) with the required expansions to somewhat match the NatAmi (060 accelerator, flickerfixer, mediator etc) - it should be a affordable compared to the real thing as well.

Page generated in 0.07587 seconds with 9 queries