View Single Post
Old 26 May 2010, 23:43   #43
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Hatari is the successor of WinSTon.
Unofficial successor then ? There is an emulator based on WinSTon, but it didn't get updated itself : STew. Don't ask me what the new additions are, it looks pretty identical to WinSTon v0.5.

Played a bit with a MS-DOS emulator nobody mentioned :
PacifiST (which I took control of with a DOSBox frontend).
Most of the settings from the .ini file can be edited by hand or via a handy little utility called Assist. If anyone's interested, I'll make it avalaible as it's a difficult one to google.

Also, it bears a pre-launch screen which warns of possible errors and allows to input a few commands. I am showing it here.

The resulting emulation is significantly more faithful, apparently. I may switch to full screen with a nice and stable picture (VBE 2.0 driver & "LINE" video-building mode, no need for GEM resolutions). Gamepad can be calibrated, and the list of TOS'es proposed from the initial .ini seems to be the right blend : 2.06 & 1.62 UK's, 1.0 FR's. They can be switched to boot another ST from this pre-launch screen (they call it "monitor").

The author mentions Stunt Car Racer in the list of good ST games (along with the usual Colonial Conquest and Super Sprint) but I doubt the ST version is superior to the Amiga one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PacifiST.pre-launch.s.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	25452  

Page generated in 0.05786 seconds with 10 queries