View Single Post
Old 24 May 2010, 16:30   #40
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Just a note to those who didn't notice Toni had implemented full screen <> full window input event, I made the above request mostly because I disliked to have to restore WinUAE screen after it had been minimized : It's a pain to do so if desktop from first monitor is cluttered.
Now, that it's possible to pause emulation and alt+tab without the screen being minimized (by switching to full window on the fly), I have gained peace of mind on the matter (remember the side effect which consists in having emulation resumed after activating the GUI).
Unpausing don't mean shit, please mentally replace it by : resuming.

Except for one little thing : It's entirely up to you Toni, and I am grateful for those new input events, but I think, because of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
F12 is not same as real pause (Pause-button)
emulation should be automatically set to pause state when hitting F12 or else there's no reason why it should look like it's paused. With dual display, someone presented with only the second monitor might think something's wrong if the emulation is "halted" in window mode (with the GUI appearing on the first monitor), but status bar doesn't mention "pause".

It probably sounds a bit rhetorical, but it could be the first stone of a "better pause feature" or better show / hide GUI for that matter, in the sense that resuming or not emulation after activating the GUI could probably be later implemented more easily.

Last edited by NewDeli; 27 May 2010 at 12:26.

Page generated in 0.04368 seconds with 11 queries