View Single Post
Old 14 May 2010, 11:14   #59
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
That is far too emotional. If I can still buy them for a "value for money" price then I'm 'avin' 'em
Now that really comes down to what the seller has deemed the reserve price to be.

I wouldn't have a problem if the auction and bids that were already placed had not been cancelled only then to be put back up with the reserve price in place, remember the reason given for cancelling the auctions were:-

Explanation:The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

If that isn't against Fleabays rules, then it is to say the very least unethical especially to the people who had placed bids on those items. I certainly wouldn't entertain starting a bidding war on any item that I knew this sort of tactic was used on.

Remember these items were between 19.95 and 30 when new, yes they are not than common, but they are not rare either. These are not something you would use apart from initially trying it out in reality, they are a novel approach to what could be done but I would think your OTLA method could be used via the C64s tape lead just the same as the speccy with just as good a result but I have never tried it (no C64).

Seriously though, after the initial WOW this is a great bit of kit has faded, you are never likely to use it ever again! I have had mine from when they first came out and got fed up with having to plug it into an extension lead to the Hi-Fi and trailing the lead over to the Speccy to load a game, not very practical in reality. Nowadays you get CD players on almost everything so distance between items may not be a problem but volume may be.

As a collector item, these may be good but as a user of items, the novelty pretty soon wears off...... if serious money is likely to be used then I would personally put it towards hardware such as the Divide interface for the Speccy or whatever is available in that type of hardware for the C64 but that's my personal opinion.

I hope you do get the item/s for a good price but as I already said, it depends on the reserve price and if people bid up to whatever that price may be, I know your wise enough to put a ceiling on what you are willing to pay for an item and that you also know that sooner or later another one will come along have you also noticed the postage on these has jumped from 2.99 to 4.99
Page generated in 0.05883 seconds with 9 queries