View Single Post
Old 23 April 2010, 16:47   #25
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I'll check it out. I believe its V16 on my Xbox, there are a few bugs/improvements i would like to see. I'd like to see the default directories all come from within the game dir itself, i did remap it to within the install dir to make it easier to find everything. Also i think there should be a home Dir enable option (same as ftp) that locks the user into their specified game dir once they have set it up so they don't get lost.
Current version is Winuaex V17.
Well I think Madmab changed something about that. I warmly invite you to contact him through the irc channel or on xbox-scene forum to talk about this. I know he's a very kind guy and he'll listen to you.

I did try to use the savestate function so that the games would load up immediately to the menu page for those games with readme, but the savestate caused errors with the jmenu, haven't found a fix yet. There is also a memory leak too i think as when i was going through the games 1 by 1, winuaex would eventually crash and need to be reloaded. All random, no specific game, just seems like after running so many games it would hang. Not sure if a reset mem function can be implemented to mabbe fix this after exiting a game?
Thanks to the script Rare_j provided here, save states work with whd games on my setup. Do you want me to send you some samples ? Feel free to ask.

This memory leak is THE problem on Winuaex. Obviously, Madmab found a way to circle this bug for some cases so less freezings occur. But any help from the EAB community would be very welcomed.

An auto script for config sounds great, i only have about 250 games on the xbox, they are pretty well all the ones i consider worthy but it would be nice to get the whole package done. Its a pretty slow process on my stubby fingers mapping all the whdload folders etc.
Sure, check the thread rare_j opened about his script. Thanks to him, I can convert my whdload game in a glimpe:

One more thing, even though the roms were installed in winuaex some games still complained about kickstarts missing until i put them in the...
whd:devs/kickstarts directory which of course can take up a lot of space when you are talking about a lot of whdload games

example.. the Three stooges (quite a few more too).

edit: ps where is the help key on the popup keyboard ? I was trying to use it for a few games and not sure if that key is mapped ?
Well, i never had that kickstart problem. And space is not a problem because i use a single HDF for booting that is only 2MB.

Help key... I know it's available but I forgot where it is right now ! I'll check at home this evening.
Page generated in 0.05812 seconds with 9 queries