View Single Post
Old 20 April 2010, 11:36   #51
Zone Friend
Nostalgia is very important, imo. Everyone just blows that off as something you should not take into account, but I never understood why. It's the same when people say "the old Final Fantasy games are no less linear than the original, the freedom you feel is just an illusion". To that, I say, who the fuck cares if it's an illusion or not. What counts is the experience I feel, not why I feel it. Now THAT'S pointless.

If I feel it, I feel it. It's like hearing a song, and if you love it you love it. You can try to reason why you like it, but in the end, it's really unexplainable. That's why two people who hears the same song can have two totally different opinions of that song, even though they enjoy music for the exact same reasons. Some aspects just can't be explained or reasoned at all. Two good melodies, you don't necessarily like them both even if they're similar in style and approach. At least, not equally. And that's not because one is objectively better than the other, but because you just feel one more than the other.
Page generated in 0.05161 seconds with 9 queries