View Single Post
Old 09 September 2002, 01:03   #28
fiath

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira

Must have been in JAVA, image rotation is impossible as Jim said. I told this to Amigaboy already
No, it wasn't Java. As I said above - it must have just been many images and I just didn't notice...

Quote:

No it doesn't, that's why I used PNG. I just cut as transparent the place where the holes would be
JPEG is out then

Quote:

Loading images on the fly is not a problem with Flash MX, we could have one codewheel engine that would dynamically load any images from external sources BUT (and thsi is a big BUT), Flash MX only loads external JPEG images, not PNGs. So we poop in the transparency
External files are out too then

Quote:

Anyway, having the source .fla file, it wouldn't be too difficult to update the images! You wouldn't have to touch a bit of code since I can tell the flash file which image name it has to insert, from an external textfile.
Okay, well there is not much point in having external files now anyway if it cannot use the ones in the distribution...

Quote:

Err, I don't see the point in this really... They are HUGE, even at my 1280x1024 resolution. Why do you want them so big?
We are perfectionists. Also, we decided that in the future the file sizes will become "small" and hence be less of a problem. We decided we might as well do it properly the first time - so for some presently unknown reason - nobody will have to go back and do it again.

Quote:

Besides, such huge files are bound to weigh a damn lot and would prolly slow down the performance of the flash file. Well, that's what I think, I didn't try.
Your probably right there, that is why I wondered if you could "scale" the image down on the fly.

Page generated in 0.05199 seconds with 9 queries