View Single Post
Old 19 March 2010, 16:10   #1
Quagliarulo

Apollo1260 + extra SIMM: contiguous RAM? (+ thank you Dimlow!)

Hello everyone,
I added the extra SIMM socket to my Apollo 1260. My goal (obviously) is to get a total of 64 Mb by putting two 32 Mb SIMMs. Since I only have one 32 Mb SIMM and some 4 Mb SIMMs at the moment, I made some tests, mainly to try out the new socket.
I noticed that I always get two separate RAM chunks. Will I get a single 64 Mb chunk with two 32 Mb SIMMs installed?

PS: I bought this accelerator card 5 or 6 years ago as "tested and working" for 200 € but it didn't work: there were some broken traces on it. Someone had (unsuccessfully) tried to repair them and put a rock-hard transparent glue on that spot. With much effort, I removed the glue but I was unable to make the necessary bridges, because the traces disappeared under the processor socket. Some weeks ago, I was looking for some schematics (again) and stumbled upon a thread about an Apollo 1240 being upgraded to 1260. There were lots of pictures of the board with the processor desoldered: bingo! I made the bridges by soldering some enameled wire on some vias and processor pins and it worked perfectly.
Thank you Dimlow, you're the man!

Page generated in 0.04513 seconds with 11 queries