Thread: Fixing Falcons
View Single Post
Old 06 March 2010, 00:52   #54
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,048
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Originally Posted by alexh
USA kettle lead
I've absolutely no idea what this means
A "kettle lead" is the UK terminology for an IEC C13 mains cable. First used in Kettles in the UK over four decades ago. A USA one has the USA type plug on one end.

Originally Posted by Photon View Post
if you want to plug a US thingy in a 240V thingy, you could slaughter a fluorescent lamp. At least that's what I did for one of my computers.
Please explain how that works? Do all fluorescent lamps usually have 240v to 110v AC->AC step-down transformer in them?
alexh is offline  
Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 10 queries