View Single Post
Old 05 March 2010, 00:08   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB_Gamer View Post
I noticed the RTC port looks just like the SX32's card port.
Looks the same yes. They are the same 184-pin connectors. Works the same. Highly doubtful. No-one is every going to try.

Quote:
If I bought this Analogic Floppy Drive for the CD32, Can I take off the SX32 card and attach it to this thing?
Why would you want to? The SX32 card has far more ports.

Quote:
Or perhaps some sort of graphics accelerator can be attached to that slot?
Graphics accelerator??

Quote:
Also, the Analogic Floppy Drive has a Parallel port, but what is that smaller 15-pin port?
15KHz RGB video. I think the designer wanted a VGA type connector when he specified his schematics, which is a 15-pin Sub-D but he put 15-pin D by mistake and the layout people just made what he asked for.

Quote:
Will this thing play pretty much any A500/A1200 game from floppy?
A500 yes, A1200... depends on RAM usage. The CD32 eats slightly more RAM on boot than A1200 but mostly yes.

Quote:
That would be great if it worked, so I don't have to get a tethered external floppy drive and still have everything in one unit attached.
You're joking right? This is the most ugly Mofo in existance. You'd pay 50 instead of 5 for an external floppy drive so it doesn't have a cable?? If you absolutely need an FDD (I've never used one ever with my SX32) then just sit it on top of the CD32+SX32 and use some contact adhesive and you'd never know the difference beauty and aesthetics wise

Quote:
I would also like to know if there was a way to burn a bunch of .adf floppy images to CD and somehow transfer them to floppy with the CD32 and this floppy drive attachment?
But you have an SX32. You don't need to use a floppy drive. You've got 8Mbytes of RAM and a hard drive. You can play almost every single game from HD using WHDload. No messing about with disks.

Last edited by alexh; 05 March 2010 at 00:17.

Page generated in 0.05656 seconds with 9 queries