View Single Post
Old 03 March 2010, 16:56   #105
john4p
Competition Moderator

Lotus 2 also caused some misunderstanding when it was played at Lemon in 2007 (http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/view...r=asc&start=45):

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace556 (scored 68M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM (scored 74M)
I did really well on a lot of the levels (Forest, Nigh, Fog) etc.. there was just a couple of times I didn't think I'd make a checkpoint!
never had that experience - other than on Storm; and not for a long while....

btw, Forest, Night and Fog are the least important stages for points as they offer the least bonus points for the smallest bonus times. On Forest you get 50,000 per bonus second but by the time you're on Swamp it's 400,000. My max time on Forest is 19 - worth .95M; on Fog 21=3.15M; and on Motorway 34 = 11.9M; and Swamp 34 = 13.6M). Desert, Motorway and Swamp are the most important for bonus times. Storm is an exception as it's so difficult to complete at all, let alone comfortably.

Sorry, but without absolute proof I just don't believe your score.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace556
I'm a reasonably experienced gamer (2 million+ on Galaga, stage 2-2 on DoDonPachi (heh), and higher than the Gamest (.jp) record on Thundercade).

[...]

Go to MARP and watch some of the replays of Outrun. Novice is an incredible player. Yet his massive score was only achieved after hundreds of attempts... To me, 74M on Lotus 2 is almost a similar achievement! Which is why I think the version being played by most here differs from the original. (To say nothing of the varying performance of the game under emulation. Hence the hopelessness of a contest like this having absolute integrity.) Perhaps the Lotus Trilogy version even differs from the original. (I own both.) Anyway, enough blowing gas... there's only one way to prove it, I suppose.

Last edited by john4p; 03 March 2010 at 17:07.

Page generated in 0.07651 seconds with 11 queries