View Single Post
Old 23 February 2010, 01:15   #93
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
That Acer Revo PC I linked to above fixes straight to the back of my TV where the wall bracket would normally go, that's a space saver
small/silent PCs are still pretty expensive.

Quote:
already mentioned you've then got to add the keyboard so it doesn't actually save that much space.
who needs the keyboard? if you are only games, use a WHDload version with CD32 patches... and if the WHD doesnt have that... add it!

also wireless keyboards are great space-savers.

Quote:
I don't think you could use the space hog excuse when comparing a Minimig to a PC as we all know pc's can come in various sizes like the one linked to above, a laptop or even a netbook.
i think you can when you look at the cost, as i mentioned above, for small/quiet PCs.

Quote:
On that same reason you wouldn't have a Minimig under your TV either then? I mean one extra unit is.....well...one extra unit.
the majority of PCs are considerably larger than minimig.

Quote:
I know people just don't want a PC but you'll need one for your Minimig, no?
no, i have a MacBook i can happily load up the files with.

Quote:
I cannot see anyone coming up with a good enough reason for me to spend out quite a bit of money.
the kind of pc setup you are talking about is 'quite a bit of money' if you dont have it already

i've yet to see WinUAE run as smoothly as a real amiga even adding things like 'powerstrip' and adjusting the hz accordingly, no matter what anyone says. This is why i say i'd like to see minimig in action before committing to anything - i could still be bitterly dissapointed, but i wont write it off if it has the functions it needs/deserves.

Page generated in 0.05130 seconds with 9 queries