View Single Post
Old 15 February 2010, 20:36   #21
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
LL Didn't your * ever tell you that if you didn't have anything nice to say its best not to say anything at all....

I don't hate the ST its just "different"
(In a low, confidential voice 'It has "SPECIAL NEEDS"...' (making quotes with finger gesture)

Anyway, apart from being a downgrade from C-64 and having an idiotic and plasticky design and a keyboard designed by someone who doesn't type (apparently a design that was a winner in their book, since it was re-used in later models), let's leave the ST.

Instead I compared the number of computer designs, and it struck me that that's at least one of the things C= Amiga did right: A1000, CDTV, A600, CD32 and all the other designs: unique, different, nice to look at, well-designed, and a great feel of quality down to the last keycap.

The only exception is the A2000, but that was ofc the point, ie. look as boring as an industrial PC. Funnily enough, this is also the model where they had keyboard problems.

The four mentioned above are great in their own way, but if I had to pick one it would be A1000 . As beautiful as the Mac, but without the Steve Jobsey 'let's blackboxify it and screw it shut' MASSIVE visual impact at the time (almost as massive as the price tag ).
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05333 seconds with 9 queries