View Single Post
Old 08 February 2010, 16:30   #348
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Don't get me wrong mate, some of his points are valid, but perhaps if he put them across in a less belligerent way, i'd be more inclined to take notice.

Its rather naive to just blame crackers, when in a lot of cases, the game itself wasn't coded to use any extra hardware whatsoever, including extra drives.
I actually was referring to Andreas and Mr.Vince, I perfectly understand why you reacted like you did. =)

Quote:
By late 1991, I would say most decent crackers were utilising more than one drive as a standard irrespective of what the original allowed.
Yes, and often the cracks supported external drives while the original did not. However, there are still a lot of cases where it was exactly the other way 'round.

Quote:
Mr.Vince picked the wrong game with Turrican 2, but his reasoning behind it is valid.
Yes he did. And someone who prefers "hard facts" should better inform himself before claiming certain things and jumping on the "let's bash Don Adan" bandwagon. He critizised Don Adan for giving false information yet he does exactly the same! Something's wrong with that!

Quote:
We could have had a nice discussion, instead he decided to get personal about it.
We still have a nice discussion here, I've seen a lot worse threads. =)

Page generated in 0.08530 seconds with 9 queries