I've replaced 27 of the 43 damaged files in the Fiasco 2.2 lzx archive with files from AFCD33's coverdisks folder which were found exactly to match the original files.
This avenue is now exhausted, which leaves the archive with 16 damaged .info files.
This is better than I expected after yesterday's effort, but there is still some way to go. However, I'm not out of ideas yet.
I have noticed that, of the .info files which were recovered intact from the original archive, there are a good few which have a different checksum or a slightly different size from their counterparts on the CD.
Next, I shall inspect them with a binary file editor to see if I can discover exactly how they are different, with a view to recreating suitable replacements for the remaining corrupted files.