View Single Post
Old 25 January 2010, 23:07   #78
mikele

for some reasons it's got to be a A600 for me! My first Amiga computer, but I always root for underdogs. A600 was considered such a disaster since its early days, Amiga magazines gave it such a bad publicity, criticizing it for being outdated and so on. Remember having seen it on the top of "The worst amiga ever" list. My friends who owned A500/A500+/CDTV at the time ridiculed my Miggy just because of its lack of numeric pad, incompatibility with some old Kickstart 1.3 games, no upgrade options - "who needs this PCMCIA thing? haha"

Sure it was an epic win for me when one day I equipped it with Apollo accelerator, fast ram, cdrom and it outperformed my friend's plain vanilla A1200. Nowadays A600s are being sought here by former Amiga users who want to rekindle nostalgic memories - as these machines are fun to tinker with. You can install cheap CF disks, pcmcia lan cards and do some lite internet tasks like checking your mail, newsgroups, while most of aforementioned glorious A500's and CDTVs are gathering or biting dust. Who's laughing now?

Last edited by mikele; 26 January 2010 at 08:35.

Page generated in 0.05054 seconds with 11 queries