View Single Post
Old 25 January 2010, 13:29   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorfarius View Post
Thanks to fitzsteve I now have an 8MB stick of RAM winging its way to me to upgrade the board
No problem

Quote:

I do have a CF PCMCIA adaptor so transferring stuff to and from the A1200 shouldn't be a problem though I believe the PCMCIA slot won't work when you go over 4MB on the accelerator card so I'll have to leave it as 4 for the time being then upgrade it to 8 when I'm satisifed everything I need is on the HD which should give me masses of maps and stuff to mess with on The Settlers
With your card it it wont be too easy to change the simms over, with it in the machine. Does it have a jumper you can set for PCMCIA compatibility? Worth having a look on the board and in the book. I can't tell from the pic...

Quote:

My main query is about which WB version to use. Now I have the disks for 3.1 so it should just be a straightforward install yet I keep hearing talk of ClassicWB and have had a bit of a trawl around the relevant section of the forum but I'm still not sure what it's all about. Would it really be of any use over 3.1 seeing as I'm only using the system for games?

Sad to see the A600 go but needs must!
Definately check out the Classic Workbench packs, they come pre installed with lots of useful extras such as IGame and screenshot packs for IGame which is a very nice WHDLoad games front end.

Look at the Classic Workbench Lite and Full packs, you could try them first on WinUAE to see how you like them? Then its just a case of transfering all the files to your hard drive

Have fun with your new project.

Steve.

Page generated in 0.05196 seconds with 9 queries