View Single Post
Old 21 January 2010, 07:03   #1
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Highway Encounter...

Guys (and girls ) ... look at these... and before you get too excited... its a ST version written by Mark Haigh-Hutchinson (who died a couple of years ago ). Unfortunetly this is from a source that doesn't want to be named and Mark did NOT want the game to be released around 10 years ago so I cannot release it YET. I will try to get permission from the author of the ZX original (Costa Panayi) - since it would be a shame if this game would be lost... According to this site: http://tacgr.emuunlim.com/interviews...hp?interview=3 there should also be an Amiga version somewhere But it seems it is lost... Maybe a conversion someday would be in order ;-)

Edit: "Three months later the Atari ST version was finished -- a conversion to the Amiga took just three days. Not bad for a game written completely in machine code! The game used the machine capabilities well - it was fast, used lots of colour and was much more challenging than the original."

Hmm, maybe an Amiga conversion wouldn't be so hard afterall then

Edit2: If any1 here knows how to contact Costa Panayi please contact me so we can try and obtain permission to release this game to the wild.

Anyway, to the screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hest1.gif
Views:	307
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	23995   Click image for larger version

Name:	hest2.gif
Views:	500
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	23996   Click image for larger version

Name:	hest3.gif
Views:	420
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	23997  

Last edited by tomcat666; 21 January 2010 at 07:49.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05172 seconds with 10 queries