View Single Post
Old 09 January 2010, 16:17   #1
Happy My First (with a gift : NEXT - Demos Packs (1991) dumped & uploaded)

(Huhuh, 1st messy on the board, how can i introduce myself ? Hello? Hi? Guyz? ... hum )

20 years after my first steps with my good old a500, i'm here sitting in front of my laptop, connected to the net, with a high speed connection, writing my first post about the amiga as a newbie.

First of all, Happy new Year to everyone reading this messy.

For those who cares, i had an A500 then an A1200 in the early's 90's. I was not a gamer. I was in collecting demos, and things related to the scene, since i was unable to find a coder to start doing demo stuff. I used to draw some things with Dpaint, logos and things like that.

Ok, so let's go:
After selling my amiga in the mid 90, I didn't wanted to give my whole disks collections (demos) to the buyer, which was only interested in games !

So I still have plenty of disks waiting for so many years, in some abandonned place (!).

Surfing on the net helped me to remind me of the amiga, with emulators. I then saw how important was the community. I understood I was still an amiga freak, but not alone. I bought an old A500, and started to dump my first disks (Not all my collection).

That was 3 years ago. Time has passed and I've never done anything with it.

So here i go.
I wanted to share my DUMPS (It started with disks hard to find on the net or never seen) and be part of the job (?!).
I have only 30 disks dumped, and it ask me too much time (A500 connected to PC with cable + ADF Dump) because many disks are more or less good so i have to try many times for only 1 disk to adf.

I've actually dumped many
- IMPACT INC. compact disks (French crew coming from the C64, one of the first Moby(The great, now known as 'El Mobo')'s group, compact made by Alan. Some of the disks are still on the net but not all hopefully.)

- NEXT packs (Infestation). Some of them are on Bitfellas... but i have the very first one (From N1 to 4x except N27).

You'll find in the Zone today :
A zip file with INFESTATION PACK 5 to 9. (Sorry, 1 to 4 are not on this PC, so next time).

I know it's only packs (so many packs) with well known demos, but it's part of the amiga's history, so these disks must be saved. And it's a part of my amiga memories I want to save too.

Well, too many text kills the post, So see you next time !!

Thanks to all for keeping the spirit of the scene alive.
For all those years of dreams.

And just for the end : No Intro SUCKS !!! (Stop consuming, Start Creating)

Scrolltext restart ;-)
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05190 seconds with 9 queries