Ripped off? Bah, yes maybe very expensive. But you get this. The turbo function speeds the C64 to (aimed) 8Mhz.
Technical data in short:
- VGA-output with 60 Hz refresh rate or more
- Turbo function with full 6510 processor compatibility (incl. illegal opcodes)
- Cycle-exact REU (memory expansion) with 16 MB RAM
- MMC/SD card slot with MMC64 compatibility and 1541-emulation
- Connector for PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard
- Freezer (compatible with Retro Replay)
- Bright yellow case with blue buttons
- Battery-backed real time clock
- IR receiver for CDTV remote control
- Stereo audio out for stereo SID emulation
- USB link to a PC for debugging and data transfer
- Connector for RR-Net (10 Mbit Ethernet)
if you're gonna play single file games, go for something like SD2IEC, which is far more sensible.
If you want to play single files only (and nothing more), yes.