View Single Post
Old 01 January 2010, 15:16   #95
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superturrican2 View Post
@supamax
I suppose these 4MB ADFs are NOT standard. But their purpose is to be used only with emulators such as UAE.
Instead, the 880k(DD)-ADFs and 1760K(HD)-ADFs are standard and can be used with both the UAE and a real Amiga (1760K-ADF obviously require an Amiga with HD Floppy drive)
Yes, I know that .
I was asking why the extended ADFs are 4MB in size instead of the "usual" 2MB (circa) size.
I was not referring to normal 880KB ADFs, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
There is no way to fit 2x more data in standard DD disk..

EDIT: I checked the image and all tracks have 2 revolutions worth of data. This is also unsupported use of extended adf, may not be working in future (it looks like HD disk image..)

EDIT2: I can add "official" extended adf multirevolution track support (read-only) if someone needs it for simple weak bits simulation..
I indeed noticed that those ADFs, when RARred, have a 2MB size; if the 4MB files contain redundance, is there a way to obtain a normal, single-revolution extended adf from them?

By the way, Toni, were they obtained using RAWREAD? I know it very well and used it a lot, but I didn't know it supported "multirevolution"... (which parameters are needed from the CLI?)
I suppose it's a non-official feature...

Last edited by Supamax; 01 January 2010 at 15:46. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.04717 seconds with 10 queries