View Single Post
Old 29 December 2009, 16:20   #288
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
But emphatically not fucked up by me though eh?

Sleepwalker 'crack' was a joke, I think it was Bob Duncan/FLT that broke the cardinal rule of not storing the serial key even though in the code you could clearly see it being stored for later.

Hook was a special one off case as far as Copylock goes, the programmer requested Rob Northen do something out of the ordinary, and because the common way of cracking Copylock was to decrypt it and force the serial key and bypass the disk check, this is why it didn't work because the programmer requested extra code in the disk check part which was obviously skipped.

And yes, I was the one that cracked it 100% as well, but no I did not release it first time around.

You irked me because you said "Lots of cracks didn't work properly", which clearly is misinformed bollocks frankly. Of the many, many cracks Fairlight released, you've found 3! How does that equate to 'lots'?

SOME cracks didn't work properly, but lots? No!
For me 90% of games with checksums or ingame checks, don't works correctly (especially first versions, most of cracks was fixed later), f.e.:
Project X, Elf, First Samurai, Project X SE, Dungeon Master, Evil's Doom, Breathless, King's Quest 6, Soccer Kid ECS, Hired Guns, Jetstrike ECS/AGA, almost all Silmarils games, all Level 9 games etc.
Due I have sclerosis (or something similar), present I don't remember more titles.

Page generated in 0.04853 seconds with 9 queries