Thread: Amiga BBS
View Single Post
Old 24 December 2009, 03:10   #9
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabone View Post
I want to setup a bbs on my 1200, but infomation and help seems very thin on this subject.
I've got a 1200 with a 030/33 and 32 meg of ram. For connectivity I have either ethernet, (wired or wireless) or a lantronix wiport adapter I built.
(Serial to ethernet bridge with modem emulation).
I was hoping to find something like amiexpress, but have been unable to find a copy of the 4.xx release or any documentation to help me get started. I never ran a bbs on my amiga back in the day, all my bbs's were pc based using either wildcat or remote access software.
So any help would be much appreciated.

Later,
dabone
Hey there,

I am running /X on my A1200 and have the 4.9+ full crack on my BBS for download. I tested it, and it worked, but I went back to my old registered 4.3 which as far as I can tell is no different than 4.9. There are some things you may be interested to know.
  • I can only get the BBS to work with telnetd.device and have problems with the system (Well Miami-DX actually) locking up during or after uploads. There is a sysop, Amiga-Digital I believe, that has the telser.device working but I can't get it to work... He says there are no problems with his setup.
  • If you use a stock A1200 IDE interface with a hard disk or compact flash card, your CPU will peg at 100% during all uploads rendering your second node and the rest of your A1200 effectively useless for the duration of the upload.
There are other things but it does work... I have started an Ami-Express Sysops group on facebook if you are interested. Donny (from Uzi-suicide) and I check that frequently and there are some retired legends from the Amiga scene in there as well. Drop by and we will try and get you up and running.

Last edited by illy5603; 24 December 2009 at 03:22.

Page generated in 0.05256 seconds with 9 queries