View Single Post
Old 19 December 2009, 23:44   #14
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjah View Post
Ok, I did exactly like you said. I guess it does mount ''something'' because when I click CF0 icon second time it shows ''device already mounted''. The problem is that I don`t see drive icon anywhere. This is with transcend 128MB card. I will also try with Samsung 8MB and Kingston 2GB. (The card is inserted all the time)
Same for all 3 cards. Prepcard app sees cards, so everything should be ok with hardware part.
Hi there,

just went and tried the different cards that I have, I don't have any Transcend or Samsung cards and only 1 Kingston card, it is a 2GB 50X Elite pro and it did not work.

FAILED Kingston 2GB 50X Elite Pro Compact Flash
FAILED Simple Technology STI-ATAFL 8MB PCMCIA FLASHCARD

PASSED SanDisk 2GB Compact Flash
PASSED SanDisk 500MB Compact Flash
PASSED SanDisk 64MB Compact Flash
PASSED SanDisk 16MB Compact Flash
PASSED Memory Gold 48MB Compact Flash
PASSED TDK 32MB Compact Flash
PASSED XL-Pro 128MB Compact Flash

PASSED SanDisk 4 MB PCMCIA FLASHCARD
PASSED HYPERTEC 160MB ATA PCMCIA FLASHCARD
PASSED SiliconTech 224MB PCMCIA FLASHCARD

All of the above work fine on my laptop but as you can see there are 2 Flash cards that do not work in the Amiga PCMCIA slot. It looks like SanDisk is the best all round card to use, they are also what I used for my CF drives inside the 1200 and 600. I think that if you could get your hands on a SanDisk Card you will see your drive icon, the name of the drive depends on what your card is named as and can be renamed to something suitable if required.

Page generated in 0.04808 seconds with 9 queries