View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 03:38   #350
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Does it have to? Actually, what can compete with those machines anyway? And why is it that it can't? Because the general public isn't interested in the Amiga.

Except that it offers chipset compatibility in hardware, which I think is fantastic, because I don't care for Amiga One and the Sam, and WinUae is an emulator, which is not really my hobby.

My A1200 recently died, and all I can say is that I'm ordering a refurbished A1200 from Amigakit, and next year I'll probably get an old stock, and another refurbished one so I'll have Amigas around for a long time to come, and I won't regret spending all that money for a single second.

So would I. Happily, in fact. Hobbies one gets a lot of enjoyment from are certainly worth spending money on
I couldn't agree more - I love my A1200, I'd run through brick walls for it, and I don't regret the money I've spent. BUT, chipset compatibility in a new piece of hardware alone doesn't Validate/justify that hardware, it is merely "more of the same" with a few tweaks, not some massively new "thing" that it seems to be being hyped as.
Page generated in 0.05018 seconds with 9 queries