View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 03:23   #347
Computer Nerd

Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Its certainly not going to compete with current PCs/Macs.... and if it cant do that then what is the point ?
Does it have to? Actually, what can compete with those machines anyway? And why is it that it can't? Because the general public isn't interested in the Amiga.
When it comes, if it comes, it will be like the Amiga one, Sam flex or winuae on a PC....
Except that it offers chipset compatibility in hardware, which I think is fantastic, because I don't care for Amiga One and the Sam, and WinUae is an emulator, which is not really my hobby.
You paid "how much!?!?!" to buy a "NEW" system to run 15 year old software on a dead platform ?. Hell I still say that when I look at my A1200
My A1200 recently died, and all I can say is that I'm ordering a refurbished A1200 from Amigakit, and next year I'll probably get an old stock, and another refurbished one so I'll have Amigas around for a long time to come, and I won't regret spending all that money for a single second.
Picking up where commodore left off ? Hmm nice sentiment but thats all it is, sentiment, anyone who beleives different is sadly delusional.
Maybe they're bullshitting, maybe they're not. Only time will tell.
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
For some people, we are just not interested in other computers the same way we're interested in the Amiga.
You got that right. I can't begin to imagine only having a boooooooooring peecee, yuk.
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Also, many Amigans are cheap. If it's a complete computer sans PSU, keyboard, mouse, and screen, I could pay the same as for an average mobo/cpu/memory kit for a PC, say 300€ - if it's good enough.
So would I. Happily, in fact. Hobbies one gets a lot of enjoyment from are certainly worth spending money on
Page generated in 0.05437 seconds with 9 queries