View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 04:23   #347
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Its certainly not going to compete with current PCs/Macs.... and if it cant do that then what is the point ?
Does it have to? Actually, what can compete with those machines anyway? And why is it that it can't? Because the general public isn't interested in the Amiga.
Quote:
When it comes, if it comes, it will be like the Amiga one, Sam flex or winuae on a PC....
Except that it offers chipset compatibility in hardware, which I think is fantastic, because I don't care for Amiga One and the Sam, and WinUae is an emulator, which is not really my hobby.
Quote:
You paid "how much!?!?!" to buy a "NEW" system to run 15 year old software on a dead platform ?. Hell I still say that when I look at my A1200
My A1200 recently died, and all I can say is that I'm ordering a refurbished A1200 from Amigakit, and next year I'll probably get an old stock, and another refurbished one so I'll have Amigas around for a long time to come, and I won't regret spending all that money for a single second.
Quote:
Picking up where commodore left off ? Hmm nice sentiment but thats all it is, sentiment, anyone who beleives different is sadly delusional.
Maybe they're bullshitting, maybe they're not. Only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
For some people, we are just not interested in other computers the same way we're interested in the Amiga.
You got that right. I can't begin to imagine only having a boooooooooring peecee, yuk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Also, many Amigans are cheap. If it's a complete computer sans PSU, keyboard, mouse, and screen, I could pay the same as for an average mobo/cpu/memory kit for a PC, say 300€ - if it's good enough.
So would I. Happily, in fact. Hobbies one gets a lot of enjoyment from are certainly worth spending money on

Page generated in 0.09660 seconds with 9 queries