View Single Post
Old 14 December 2009, 19:18   #1
arnljot

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Bug: Filenames containing national characters in Windows Directories

Not sure if this is reported before, so here goes.

Symptom:
Certain national characters will give a "file not found" error in emmulated OS when used in filenames.

Host system:
Windows Vista Business SP2

Tested WinUAE versions
-1.5.2 "kinda works"
-1.6.1 "block"
-2.0.0 "block"

How to reproduce for 1.5.2:
  1. Use an installed version of 3.x (I've tested with 3.9 and AmiKit)
  2. An example of a directory that should be listed:
  3. Host side: C:\AmiKit\AmiKitClean\Internet\AWeb_APL\Catalogs\espańol
  4. WinUAE side: Not showing, hence "kinda works", no errors

How to reproduce for 1.6.1 and 2.0.0:
  1. Do 1 to 3 like 1.5.2
  2. WinUAE side: showing "espanol", notice the "normal n". Trying to access it will give an error.
It's only certain characters that WinUAE will barf at, most usual ones are fine, but this one and quite a few others it'll barf at.

To see more examples, try copying all files from AmiKit AK0 under WinUAE 1.6.1+ and see which files that it reports errors on.

I hope this is helpfull, and if there is any other way I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask me for further help/debugging

EDIT:
I have tested the AmiKit.zip archive directly under WinUAE 1.5.2. The AmiKit.zip archive can be found here:
http://amikit.amiga.sk/download/linu...nux-latest.zip

Under 1.5.2 using the AmiKit.zip archive as a harddrive, the character bug is not present. Then it works just as it's supposed to. So it seems that the bug is "limited" to using directories on the host system.

Last edited by arnljot; 14 December 2009 at 19:43. Reason: More testing

Page generated in 0.07172 seconds with 11 queries