View Single Post
Old 09 December 2009, 04:38   #250
Dan Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
The thing is most people including me wont use the term in a broad sense.
Apparently, "most people" doesn't include every major game database that I've ever visited.

Quote:
To me a platform game is what it was originally termed to mean and if a game has jumping in it, i don't then always call it a platformer
In that case, the only thing that you conceivably could call a platformer would be a single-screen, arcade-style game circa 1983. Such games were the first to have the "platformer" name attached to them by game magazines and the general public, and they would be the type that the name was "originally termed to mean".

Quote:
Something like Metroid is what i would consider a adventure platformer/shooter but it's the general jumping movement that has me deciding the platformer part.Were it the same game but closer to how Flashback manages to climb and jump around, then for me this part just wouldn't feel like a platformer in the true old sense.I could at that point easily say it does fall into this broad category but most people don't refer to this anyway
Funny that you say "most people" again, because I haven't seen a time when it hasn't been referred to as such, except by you.

Page generated in 0.07469 seconds with 9 queries