View Single Post
Old 09 December 2009, 02:22   #238
Dan Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
You're missing that Prince of Persia is mainly about the jump puzzles and time limit, while Flashback is about the item puzzles. While they share the same type of jumping mechanism both games are quite different.
That still doesn't explain how Flashback isn't a platformer. If I make a game that's an exact copy of Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, but with money, repair costs, plane tickets, a world map, and a Jaguar XJ220, is it no longer a racing game? I've certainly shifted the emphasis from the immediate to the tactical.

Also, saying that Flashback isn't a platformer because it features item puzzles is like saying that Mr. Nutz isn't a platformer because of the prominence of its world map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I also wonder why Turrican 1 is garbage and 2 is AWESOME. Bit strange IMO.
Mainly because in the first game you often end up stuck on the scenery, get struck by random lightning, run out of Gyroscopes, explore a promising tunnel to find that it ends half a screen from the entrance, or lose track of where you are from the repeating areas. The second game fixes all of that, while adding cooler weapons, better bosses, and shoot-em-up stages, all rendered in far superior graphic quality. And the music is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
This is all a bit heated and not needed about a subject that isn't all that important
Pfft, this is the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
Mr Nutz i must say however i absolutely hated on Snes and Megadrive
Indeed. The Amiga game was a generally decent Sonic clone with a few extra features and a few more glaring flaws; the console... er... remake? It was an absolute snorefest of a Mario rip-off.

Last edited by Dan Locke; 09 December 2009 at 02:34.

Page generated in 0.07621 seconds with 9 queries