View Single Post
Old 17 August 2002, 19:13   #86
Korodny
Zone Friend

Wow, brilliant thread with some excellent contributions!

Personally, I don't care if my computer of choice is "more powerful" than the competition, if it's market share is bigger or smaller than Apple's, or if Windows comes with a free sex slave. As long as my system does what I need it to do and there's ongoing development, I'm satisfied.

Judging by the amount of people around me trying out Linux distros (without having much of a clue), it seems there is demand for alternative platforms.

Using AmigaOS is a completely different experience to using Linux or MacOS (not to mention Windows of course). I love it, and I'm sure there'll be other people learning to love it (again).

@Unknown_K

Quote:
So whats the deal with the AmigaOne anyway, all the old software still needs and emulator to run on that unit?
No. most software released/updated in the last 6-7 years will run on the AmigaOne. Obviously it is written for an 68k processor, so the OS has to have an inbuilt 68k processor emulator (do not confuse this with a complete "computer-emulator" as WinUAE). You won't recognise the difference between running a PPC native application like the upcoming AudioEvolution and your old 1996 copy of SBase4 Pro.

Quote:
anybody developing for it?
MediaPointRTG (multimedia authoring/broadcasting like Scala), AudioEvolution (HD-recording, mixing, sequencing), Real3D (Raytraycing), Sin (FPS), Papyrus (Office suite), OpenOffice, Motionstudio (NLE video editing), BurnIt Pro (CD/VideoCD/DVD authoring) are a few of the PPC only titles that I can remember atm (there's more).

Additionally, most existing Amiga software whith a copyright date somewhat newer than 1995 should run on the A1.

@Frederic:

Quote:
I think the AmigaOne is a load of bull. I am a New Yorker, we smell a scam from miles away.
Sorry to dissapoint you, but my A1 is real - and it works perfectly.

Page generated in 0.05043 seconds with 9 queries