Hi to all,
I use WinUAE 1.61 to create a RDB unit to use on my A1200 desktop. My HDD is a IDE 2.5" 120GB. All work fine.
- Create a DH0 440MB FFS and quick format
- Start with WB3.1 disk in DF0 & HDD with DH0 & Hardfile of AmigaSYS 4 AGA mounted.
- Copy all contents of AmigaSYS 4 AGA to DH0
- Extract WB from DF0 and unmount Hardfile from WinUAE
- Reset Amiga on WinUAE to initiate the install procedure.
- Install AmygaSYS 4 AGA using WB 3.1 original disks & no other HDD or partition on WinUAE.
- Install latest update AmigaSYS 4 AGA R1.3
- Mount AmigaOS 3.9 CD
- AmigaSYS 4 AGA detect the OS3.9 CD and ask you to update... then update.
- Update to BB1 & BB2
- Create the other partitions you want (best for me is SFS).
If you want to use your IDE-Fix97 instead of the included one. Install the software after the final step (update of BB1 & BB2) or system do not update and hangs.
I'm not a expert like the members of EAB (of course), but with this simple steps my A1200 work fine and is updated to BB2 without problems.
Really, the latest version of AmigaSYS 4 AGA is a great job with many bugs fixed & add-ons.
I love it.