View Single Post
Old 19 November 2009, 04:09   #56
gulliver
BoingBagged

Atari 800XL video playback

[ Show youtube player ]

From what i could find out about this (some copy&paste) :

The "trick" is that this movie is pre-converted to an atari 8bit graphics format. It is called the GTIA mode. The GTIA mode is a cool and fast mode, allowing you to show 16 shades at one scanline. It takes not that much KB's to show one pic. With a modern HD connected (that is necessary!) & the right tool, it is possible to load and show all the pictures.The whole thing is streamed from the ide.

C64 video playback

[ Show youtube player ]

Not to be confused with famous 1988 Digitize Design fully digital demo. This one is actually a combination of digitized animation and SID chip generated music. Frames are being streamed realtime from 1541 disk drive, and as you can see, the playback is perfect.

Spectrum video playback

[ Show youtube player ]

It is a work in progress. it's not compressed video at the moment, but to get the 1200 screen$ files for the short video was step one. Still I think this is already very cool! And for you to be able to do the same I included comments so you know how I did it. Oh, one step was to create a video with the correct resolution. I used Adobe Premiere Elements for that, but it should also be possible with Virtual Dub. Anyway, now I will start programming to get the algoritms I created for compressed video working. Have fun!

PS: Sorry, this is just for the fun of it

Page generated in 0.04943 seconds with 11 queries