View Single Post
Old 16 August 2002, 02:31   #43
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown_K
People get very pasionate about their computers, its like talking religion and politics.
Indeed
Quote:
But inovation that doesnt get to the masses is basically worthless.
I beg to differ. I know this is a different field, but paintings and stuff made by, let's say, Picasso, were innovative, but they never hit the masses, because art is not a massive phenomenon. His stuff was innovative nevertheless and marked the way things were done in the graphic area. Same could be told bout Dali methinks.
Quote:
I dont care how great a OS/System is if the software I need to get a job done isnt available for it.
As you said, the computer could be a tool. And if you don't feel comfortable with it, how to use it? Would you use a left-handed mouse? yes, you could end up using a left-handed mouse, but you have to go through a stupid process of re-learn that should NOT be needed.
Quote:
Once you switch to a platform (especially an expensive one) its hard to justify jumping to another system unless it offers something you need your current system doesnt do.
Ahh, so it is a matter of pride?. "I will defend this system becasue it cost me bloody dearly. I had to sell my mother to get it! Even if it works bad, I'll say it rox0rz"
Quote:
and these days videogames make people buy Intel PC's.
Hehehe, sorry, but people who like games BUY A PS2. Or a GBA. Or a Gamecube.

Page generated in 0.05220 seconds with 9 queries