View Single Post
Old 26 October 2009, 12:03   #10
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I also have the same issue with iGame running with Amigasys 4, but not as extreme as the OP's! Only a few of my games are listed twice with a couple of "ALT" words next to them (i always thought it meant an alternative/modified version of the game?? ).
So did I at first glance, until I tested further. The reason is it can correct itself automatically if you quit iGame, then reopen it and rescan!

It goes like this (one WHDLoad game Bloodwych in the repository as an example )
  • First fresh scan result: Bloodwych
  • Second scan result (either by immediately rescanning OR closing down iGame, then reopening it and scanning): Bloodwych Alt

Then, the rules change:
  • Third scan result (immediately rescanning, without closing down iGame): Bloodwych Alt Alt
  • Third scan result (closing down iGame, then reopening and scanning): Bloodwych (iGame has corrected the Alt error)
  • Forth scan result (immediately rescanning, without closing down iGame): Bloodwych Alt Alt Alt
  • Forth scan result (closing down iGame, then reopening and scanning): Bloodwych Alt

That's what makes it hard to spot. If you close iGame between scans, the Alt will appear and disappear.

Page generated in 0.05893 seconds with 9 queries