Thread: System Shock!
View Single Post
Old 12 August 2002, 04:02   #29
Give up the ghost
Originally posted by LUKas007
Why do you talk about PC and FPS, 3D engine and such things?
Just look at 1991's PC and today PC.
Look at 1991 Amiga and today Amiga.
As for example. Compare 286@12Mhz EGA gfx and soundlaster (SB was not very common in '91) running MS-DOS 5.0 (1991) and any pentium class, fast gfx accelerator + good sound card running ie. Linux environment (now).
Such nonobjectiveness of most-what-remains of Amiga community makes me sick. Do you think your laughing and talking to each other how PC is fucking shit makes Amiga any better than it is?
PC is not only Windows, FPS, 3D engines, games and stuff.
I still use Amiga because like it's 'climate' and have good memories connected with it and I dont plan to stop using Amiga in the near time. Personally I think Amiga has no future, at least that computer what I think Amiga is.
I have and use PC because it's an excellet tool for me and there's lots great games available for affordable price.
What the heck is comparing a 1991 PC to a modern PC got to do with what I said. Sure, there's more processor power, but the games haven't really changed that much (instead of several floppies, they can be from 2-8 CD's!) I mentioned how the game genre has remained the same with tweaks and you start talking about the evolution of PC hardware! And since when am I "talking and laughing to each other how PC is fucking shit"? I left five sentences stating my views on the redundancy of FPS games on the PC and you start blowing a gasket intimating some far-fetched scenario about us laughing at you and your PC. Dude, pour yourself a double or something! The nonobjectiveness you speak of is your own as you become defensive so easily over a simple observation.

If you love your PC and your PC games, fine. But that has nothing to do with what I said, nor does anything you said address the points of my message.
Page generated in 0.05603 seconds with 9 queries