View Single Post
Old 18 October 2009, 22:04   #22
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
Hyperion own outright the Amiga OS. They are not leasing it, not allowed to use it, they own it.
That is not how I read it. I could be wrong but the wording is deliberately vague probably to muddy the water.

I never thought that the full rights to the name AmigaOS or prior work was ever up for grabs. They have exclusive rights to sell AmigaOS 4 without restrictions. They have exclusive rights to produce any new AmigaOS (well for at least one more) with no restrictions. They have exclusive rights to use any pre-existing AmigaOS 3.1 structures.

But I don't see that they own it any more than they did earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
You know Michael Jackson's Estate / Sony Music owns the publishing rights to all of the Beatles songs right?
Bad analogy, the Beatles sold the rights to their songs. I do not remember Amiga Inc. selling anything nor Hyperion buying anything.

But it is all mute, AmigaOS 4 has no chance no matter what platform of ever breaking even let alone making a profit. And I do not expect Hyperion to invest any more money in the area, unless they are pure geeks who enjoy fiddling.

Page generated in 0.08277 seconds with 9 queries