View Single Post
Old 08 October 2009, 10:47   #326
Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
I don't mind too much games with scanlines on my CRT monitor (mind you, it's not a "Flatron"). That's part of the reason I sold my 15" TFT for a 19" CRT, I knew it would make games and demos look more "Amigaish".

On my [showing off mode = activated] S-PVA (Super Patterned Vertical Alignment) apt at 180 viewing angles, 300nits brightness, with a response time of 6ms, a Contrast ratio of 1000:1 , 21 inches LCD plugged through the DVI port to a Radeon HD card, [/ end Showing off] they just don't look right.

May be I should get someone to tell me how Scanline Transparency is to be configured (1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 2:1 ...), but adding a lot of Transparency does not seem to make any clear difference on my setup.

I use 2xsal as default filter (started using it correctly very recently I believe, as I noticed HiRes or even LoRes would be much nicer than SuperHires), and it doesn't bear any Scanline Transparency or Level setting.

A bit lazy to post pic, but not posting, along with the screenshots, the pictures of the monitors themselves on which the action takes place would be pointless.

Last edited by NewDeli; 09 October 2009 at 09:25.
Page generated in 0.04955 seconds with 9 queries