View Single Post
Old 23 September 2009, 03:53   #1
kipper2k

A600 will not do a warm reset - Ctrl-Amiga - Amiga

Hi All,

A strange problem on an A600 i am working on. The computer will not do a warm reset.

I have tried 3 different keyboards (that work fine on other A600). Heres my test, i boot up relokick floppy and then press all keys on the keyboard when it gets to a cli window to see if they repeat on the screen. All printable characters print on screen fine. I press shift, all characters shift, caps lock light toggles fine. enter works great.

Then, i press Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga, i see the caps lock LED do a dim blink and then all keyboard input goes screwy, keys dont respond, keys do weird characters on screen, screen clears, its like someone else is pressing the keyboard. The computer will eventually freeze and then a hard reboot is the only option.

I checked out the schematics and as far as i can see the input from the keyboard goes to the keyboard MPU (U13) and the 8520 CIA (U7).

Games seem to work fine on it and i haven't come across any problems actually playing a game. The PCMCIA slot, floppy, and CF card appear to work fine. Display looks great on composite.

Has anyone had this kind of problem b4. Anyone any ideas on possible causes ?

edit, i also tried 3 different rom chips, 1.3, 2.05, and 3.1 which are also tested good

Last edited by kipper2k; 23 September 2009 at 04:04.

Page generated in 0.09713 seconds with 10 queries