View Single Post
Old 20 September 2009, 13:18   #337
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
Once the prototypes are working properly, a mass production run is planned.
Very expensive to do a mass production run, especially of this size and complexity, add in all the work that would have to be done on quality control, testing etc. add some profit, we're looking at somewhere in the €500 region.

Quote:
Since Thomas and Gunnar both work at IBM, maybe they know who to talk to to get a decent size production run going.
Depends which department they are in.

Quote:
Thomas seems to know what he is doing
Yup. If you follow my posts, I never suspected anything else. Gunnar on the other hand

Quote:
Is IBM big enough for you?
I worked with IBM between 2000 and 2002 in SanJose and New York state on the Juno, Vesta & Palace STB chips. I never met anyone who could help produce low cost, low volume PCB's. Some of the ones IBM made as reference designs for $99 set-top-boxes cost $1000's of dollars assembled and tested. But IBM is a big place. Ahhh, IBM. Einstimer & Booledozer I hated those tools

Quote:
I suspect you may need some salt to gulp down that hat, alexh, but I'll reserve judgment until they get the prototypes working.
I'll remain sceptical but hopeful until they announce the price of retail boards.

Last edited by alexh; 20 September 2009 at 13:27.

Page generated in 0.07785 seconds with 9 queries