Thread: Amiga INC value
View Single Post
Old 18 September 2009, 08:40   #28
pmc
rebooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH
Commodore has already made million(s) from licensing and promoting their name.
I agree, the brand *was* worth millions but the original question related to the value today which is obviously not worth millions as things stand.

Quote:
A recognisable brand for 30-somethings (i.e. the people with money) can be worth a lot of money.
Again, I agree - it *can*, however in the case of the current Amiga brand I don't think "can" equates to "is".

Quote:
Whatever the next owner wants it to stand for, if they were smart it would be a branding on some computer related gadget.
This could work to make the brand worth money again but the marriage between the name and the gadget it was applied to would have to be exactly right if it were to be a useful & desirable item and at the same time embody that special Amiga "feel" for want of a better descrption.

Quote:
Slap the name Amiga and the logo on some anonymous chinese netbook and see what a leg up it would give them!!
I think that's true to a point but only as a short term shot in the arm. What a disappointment it would be to get your new Amiga to find it's just another PC. In my opinion that would soon kill the iconic Amiga name in the minds of those 30 somethings eager and willing to part with their cash to get some of that old Amiga-ness back. This goes back to my previous point - just exactly what gadget could the name be on that fulfils that useful & desirable + Amiga-ness criteria?

Quote:
The longer it goes unused, the less it will be worth.
I completely agree on that.

Last edited by pmc; 18 September 2009 at 13:00. Reason: Typo

Page generated in 0.03967 seconds with 10 queries