Thread: Amiga Vs ST
View Single Post
Old 11 September 2009, 17:19   #313
Ahle2

Quote:
Si-Pie said...
Hey Ahle2 I wondered what happened to your videos. Its a shame you had so much hatred directed toward you! It amazes me why people take things so seriously and act like you have insulted a member of their own family and even after all this time since the Amiga/ST was about! You still have those videos? its funny really because it was from a discussion I had on those videos with a person who denied the Amiga had any advantage that I originally started this thread. Personally I love all retro-computers and starting to collect quite a few.
I still have them.... and i can upload them to some place if you are interested.
It's waaaaaay easier to see the difference in the pictures when you look at the raw material compared to that lousy YouTube mess.

Quote:
frank_b said...
It drops frames but I didn't see it drop any more than 1
Okey go to a place near the end of level 1 where there is many platforms and at least one enemy on each platform. Start jumping around at maximum speed in all directions and at the same time shoot like a mad at everything that moves. There will be A LOT of BOBS on the screen at once and i am pretty sure that the frame rate drops bellow 16.6666 FPS.
I couldn't make the Amiga version slow nearly that much in the same place.
The Amiga version probably uses hardware sprites for the main player and some floating status bars, that might be part of the explanation.

Page generated in 0.05718 seconds with 9 queries